Friday 18 May 2012

Review: GOOP Gluten Free Paleo Bread





I love Gwyneth Paltrow- I think she's beautiful and classy and I love that she seems family orientated and into good health, but in the same way I am- with a glass of wine on the side. :)

So I subscribe to her blog Goop, which sends out newsletters once a week or so on various topics- health, beauty, food, travel, etc. One recent newsletter caught my eye- A Better Breakfast, and especially the Paleo Bread recipe. Being a recent gluten free convert, I thought this easy and tasty sounding recipe sounded perfect to try, so I gave it a go. However as I couldn't find all the ingredients, I made some substitutions, but in my opinion (and my family's!) the bread came out tasting beautifully.

This is how I made it:

1 3/4 cup LSA (Linseed, sunflower seed and almond)

2 tablespoons coconut flour

1/4 teaspoon sea salt

1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

5 eggs

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

1 tablespoon honey

1 tablespoon Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar

I blended all the ingredients in a food processor, poured the mixture in a paper lined lasagna tray and cooked for 40 minutes at 350 degrees. 

This is what the bread on the Goop website looked like:

This is what my bread looked like (iPhone):


I think not bad! 

I'm assuming because I used unrefined LSA, and not blanched almond flour that is why my bread was darker in color. And it didn't rise as much as Gwyneth's bread, but I was quite satisfied! I ate it hot out of the oven with soup for dinner, and then with Manuka honey for breakfast the next day. I even toasted it on the third day and it was still good!

If you love wholesome, tasty bread I suggest you give this ridiculously easy and totally delicious bread a try. 

Happy baking!

M. :)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog is so cute and informative! I am your newest follower! please post more! :)
    natalielovesbeauty.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete